Monday, January 16, 2012

Hitting the Groove

Finished my first week of "standard" triathlon training last week. We are a long way from Kona so, as with last year, my training is fairly basic, more speed oriented, and not very distance oriented (especially on the bike). I jumped back in the pool after a six week hiatus and it went surprisingly well. My elbow seems fine and for now, I'm putting off any PT for it. I continue to try to emphasize my run but did elect to NOT race the Icicle 10-miler. It was 14 degrees and a bit windy and I felt that racing it would violate my first law: The Conservation of Motivation.

The weather has been surprisingly good so far this winter--much easier than last year for sure. It was 18 when I ran this morning but nice and sunny. Besides the last few days, it's actually been quite mild and the forecast ahead indicates continued pleasantness! I started my latest cycle of Knee injections and my knee feels great at the moment--I'm basically healthy, injury free and patiently motivated as I begin to roll into the work of 2012.

Work-work is quite a demand as there is a good deal of drama there but we are now past the holiday season so my family schedule should be easier to manage going forward. I plan to start my modest weight/flexibility work next week (time permitting) if I can firmly establish solid work in all 3 sports again this week....

Last week:

Swim: 8600 yards
Bike: 153 miles
Run: 35.7 miles
Time: 17:26

No comments: