Sunday, January 1, 2012

And so it begins.....

Dawn came a little too early for me after New Year's Eve but I walked down to the beach in Stone Harbor on an incredibly beautiful morning--in my shorts!!! the temp was already in the high 40s and climbing....I looked up and down the beach, said to myelf, "Let it begin", hit the play button on my iPod (Chemical Brothers) and started my 2012 season--a season best called the Kona/Zona Show....I love the process of physilogical alchemy that transforms my decidedly over the hill body into that of a reasonably competent triathlete, and that process began again in earnest this morning.

Since today is a Sunday, here are my stats for the week:

Swim: 0 yards
Bike: 182 miles
Run: 34 miles
Time: 15:39

My December totals were:

Swim: 1000 yards
Bike: 662 miles
Run: 119 miles
Time: 58:22

I'll begin swimming again in a couple of days as my latest tattoo (Honu) is just about healed. I feel real good about my run total this month--coming so soon after Zona 2011. I start my next cycle of injections on Thursday so I'm hopeful for a big run month in January.

I'll post a review of 2011 and my plans for 2012 shortly....

No comments: