Monday, August 29, 2011

Me and Irene

Well the good news is we survived and our houses are for the most part intact!

Quite the experience for sure. I've basically spent the better part of the last four days lifting, dragging and moving things--probably have a couple more days to get things back to normal.

I'm at the shore on a beautiful Monday morning. yesterday afternoon, Alex and I took a break from the chores and went out and enjoyed a fantastic two hours of body-boarding in the Irene generated surf. A strong west wind (30 mph) and big swell sets led to a truly epic session. This morning, with all the moving work and getting thrown around in the big surf for a couple of hours leaves me feeling a little worked over.

Obviously, the hurricane impacted my training this past week although I ended up doing a pretty good job. Here are the totals:

swim: 7500 yards
bike: 246 miles
Run: 30 miles
Time: 20:57

I was also able to get in all three of my key workouts:

swim: 4000 yards in 62:30
bike: 101.9 miles in 5:41 (very windy so slow but veraged 176 watts again)
run: 13.5 miles in 2:00

for the first 4 weeks of my build, I've been able to get 4 long rides, 3 long swims and 3 long runs in--so I'm pleased with that.

Looking ahead, I'm feeling like I might have to back off a bit this week and maybe have a real easy week...we'll see how I feel once I get out there today....

No comments: