Sunday, March 6, 2011

My schedule takes a turn for the Wimps

Got up at 4:15am to drive the 2 hours down to do the B&A half-marathon. It was 48 degrees and raining moderately hard. Decided to bag it. It's now race time and raining quite hard and while I really wanted to race (I came home from NYC last night to do so), I'm glad I bailed.

Also next week, due to a series of family scheduling conflicts I've had to bail on the Triathlon down in North Carolina. Oh well--all of this is pre-season stuff anyways...

I may try to squeeze in a 5k next week so I have a little more under my belt before I open my season at Oceanside in 27 days. The good news is that I can put a very hard 16-18 day training block in--which I really need to do with all of my travels as of late....

I keep reminding mysaelf to keep my eyes on the prize--IMAZ in November....

No comments: