Sunday, March 6, 2011

As Goose Said: I gotta need for speed!!!!

So--we are pushing close to 2 inches of rain here today but still, I am bumming about not racing today. I know--no excuses--HTFU--you shoulda just got out there and did it.

Cold/lots of travel--NY the two prior days/it's just a spring training running race...the logic took hold...

Still, for sure, I got a big need for some serious triathlon stuff!

I did manage to do a 2 hour trainer session with a lot of 290/300 watt FTP action--feel the burn!

Then, and since Man U was playing Liverpool in football, I managed to grind out 90 minutes on the tready....a good start.

More travel ahead, but I really feel the need to really crush it the next few weeks--and I'm going to look for every opportunity to do so!

Stats for the week:

10,500 yards as a fish (solid, but still slow)
172 miles on the bike (better, but still a long ways from fighting trim)
27 miles running (disappointing--especially without (and because of) the race
19 hours overall

I need to break out soon--life is constraining the training....

No comments: