Monday, January 22, 2024

2024-Week 3

 Originally, I was supposed to travel on Tuesday/Wednesday for work and then again Saturday/Sunday to take Jen's dog to her place in Cleveland.  Both of these trips were delayed due to two separate winter snow storms.  As it turns out, I'll be driving to Cleveland and back tomorrow and Wednesday and the work meeting is likely moved to next week.  However, due to this schedule change, I ended up having a bigger training week this week than I had originally anticipated:


Swim : 5,500 yards

Bike: 256 miles

Run/Walk: 19.7 Miles

PT/Weights: 5:15

Total Training Time: 28:40 


So we are only three weeks in but all five of these metrics represent high points for 2024 and are very solid, frankly, Ironman-level training loads.  I also begin to add some intensity in my swim and bike.  As the week wore on I definitely felt this week's (and prior weeks') volume.  My guess is I pare this back a fair bit this week with both the Cleveland trip and a need to recover/absorb my ytd training....all good so far!

No comments: