Monday, April 11, 2022

Rolling along--beginning of the run build....

Another strong week in the books:

Swim: 13,000 yards

Bike: 335.6 miles

Run: 2.0 miles

Time: 25:14

The thing that's new here is the run volume is actually running vs. hiking/trekking/climbing.  I ran 2 miles and averaged 11:11/mile--pretty pathetic I know but it was my first actual run in almost 8 months.  More to come!

Here are the updated Trailing 4-week average charts:

My swim continues to roll along--I'm pretty sure this is my strongest first 14-15 weeks of any season and I'm comparing favorably even to the big build I did last season.  Interestingly, you can begin to see the impact of CoVid on the 2000 numbers....


I've been building my bike volume back up after the "dip" (down to 250/week) coincident with Judy and my vacation.  Averaging over 300 miles/week over a four week period is a lot of bike volume in my view....starting to ride outside now!



My run continues to mirror last year and I hope to begin building my average volume above 10 miles/week as we roll into May.  The ramp in 2019 was of-course all the training I did to prepare for our 2019 Bolivian expedition...


4 week training time average back up above 25 hours/week, which is probably more than I can sustain but the chart below shows I'm frequently hammering away at that level this time of year...


Just going to keep on keeping on!


No comments: