Sunday, April 24, 2022

2022 Phase 1 coming to an end.

 So far in 2022 I have been primarily focused on a lot of swim/bike Z1/Z2 training focused on really establishing a strong fitness base and helping to get my body composition near what I want it to be for my main races this year--principally Kona.

I think mission accomplished so far.  I have been consistently hitting significant swim/bike volume this year and have, in the last 2 weeks started to ramp up my running investment (coming right after my latest Euflexa injection cycle).  I've also been putting some more time, especially this past week, into more PT/weights/stretching.  Here is what the last four weeks have looked like:



It's not often that I have 4 weeks all above 25 hours, let alone in such a tight time range!

Looking ahead, I'm going to start sharpening up my swim and bike a bit with some harder efforts.  I'll also bring down my overall volume, especially on the bike, but steadily increase my long ride and hopefully get my first century or two under my belt in June.

My first race is a local spring in mid-May and then I'll focus on Eagleman70.3 in mid June.

Also going out to St. George to watch Anders at the WC in early may!

No comments: