Sunday, March 24, 2019

Shenandoah 2019--first visit and March update

This is a note to update on March training.  This week I went to Shenandoah National Park and strung together 3 solid hikes.  My total hiking/climbing time was 20 hours and I covered 36 miles and ascended over 9,000 feet.  The weather was great--a little snow on the first day but highs in the high 30s or low 40s (low 20s at the start each day) but with mostly clear skies and virtually no wind.  I felt pretty good given the big jump in volume.  A little sore beyond 5 hours or so each day but I'm in a good place given there still is about 7 weeks before Bolivia.  Here are some pics:




















As for March, I'm having a very solid training month, mostly focused on getting ready for Bolivia.  I'm having a solid swim and run/hike month.  My biking is a bit light this month, but not a concern given my IM is not until October.  Here are the totals with one week to go in March:

Swim: 18,500 yards
Bike: 686 miles
Run/Hike: 174 miles
Weights: 10 hours
Total Time: 96.5 hours





No comments: