Monday, January 15, 2018

Week Two: getting past a cold

I had a bit of a curveball in week 2 with a nasty little cold, which impacted me most of last week (I started to feel it at the end of prior week and my resting HR began to spike, so I knew something was up).  I spent most of one day in bed but was still able to get some work in, although below plan.  I also made the call to stay out of the pool last week while I was recovering.  I'm hopeful this week will return to plan and I can especially get some good efforts in the pool under my belt.

Here were last week's totals:

Swim: 0 yards
Bike: 229 miles
Run: 9 Miles
Weights/Stretch: 1:50
Total Time: 16:45

I've also begun to craft my 2018 race plan.  As previously mentioned, I have one "A" race and that is IMFL in November.  I'm currently (and tentatively) planning a schedule of 9 races leading up to that.  I'm still playing around with the schedule but I have selected and entered two additional races for 2018:

-A reverse Super Sprint (1.5 mile run, 4 mile bike, 250 yard swim) down in VA in late March to kick things off--I want to ease myself back into racing.

-Atlantic City 70.3 in September as part of my final 14 week build up ti IMFL.

Can't wait to lace em up!

For now, I have to stay healthy and stay hard at work rebuilding my triathlon fitness!


No comments: