Monday, November 30, 2009

November in the books and on plan!

So November was what it was suppossed to be--a transitional month from the 2009 vibe towards my Long Course focus for 2010. Despite trips to Rome, The Bahamas, New York (3 times), and Boston I was able to put in 74 hours training in November. This included 22,000 yards of swimming, 638 miles of biking and 139 miles of running (as well as a healthy amount of weight training).

My main objective was to get back to IM mode on the run. I had been averaging just 60-80 miles a month but was able to jump right up and record 4 straight 30 mile weeks. November is the first month since August of 2008 where I put in more than 100 miles. I feel considerably fitter already and plan to push the December total up above 150 miles. I should then be well positioned to drive for the 3/27 race in Oceanside. I was also able to get back in the swing of things in the pool with a number of easy continuous swims of increasing distance. Today I did my first traditional pool w/o at 3000 yds that featured 15 100s all in the 1:26-1:29 range. This is way ahead of prior years and I'm optimistic I can hit my 1:12-1:16 target range by Oceanside. During
December I'll gradually get used to 4000-4500 yd w/os 3-4 times per week. My biking has a ways to go still, but given my focus on running and to a lesser extent swimming it's in a reasonable place for right now.

This week is penciled in for 28 hours and will represent a real test of my body's ability to quickly leap back up to IM training levels.

I find out tomorrow if I'm in at IM Germany which is being held on July 4th in Frankfurt....

No comments: