Saturday, February 28, 2009

These are trying times.....

Still working a way here. However my knee has definitely taken a turn for the worse. After the adverse reaction to the Syn-Visc I received a 3 injection cycle of a similar drug. It seems to be taking longer to work it's wonders. Also, with my snowboard trip, I seemed to beat up my knee quite a bit. As a result I have only been able to run 1-2 times per week...and significantly, I 've had pretty good pain most days.

This week was a little better. I'm aggressive about icing right after my run and I've gone back to my old shoes. I was able to run 2x and get in 10 miles this week. I'm hopeful to get in 15-20 next week and if I can get to 20-25 miles/week I could still selvage a decent season--we'll see. Anyways, Feb numbers:

Swim: 27.8k yards (vs. 15k in Jan)
Bike: 644 miles (vs 636)
Run: 54 miles (vs 59)
Total Hours: 74 (vs 55)....lots of non SBR cross training this month

No comments: