Monday, February 9, 2009

Staying the course

Just finished up another solid week. 19.5 hours of training. 204 miles on the bike, 21.1 miles running, 7000 yds swimming and 1:50 invested in weight work. Last three week totals are: 54 hours (18/week); 610 miles (203) biking, 53 (18)miles running; and 18.5k (6.2) yds swimming.

Nothing spectacular but very solid and right in my target zone. Beginning to generate some training momentum as I feel the strength building in my body. Also, noticing that the pounds are starting to fall off. Things are definitely heading in the right direction.

I'll continue in the same vein for the first part of this week and then back-off for 4 days as Alex and I are headed to Mammoth Mountain in CA for a little snowboarding. I'll get a lot of boarding work in and plan on hiking a bit to get used to my crampons. Should be a nice change of pace and will allow me to hit it hard again next week.

No comments: