Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Last Week

A little late in getting the stats from last week up. here they are:

Swim: 8250 yards
Bike: 170 miles
Run: 40.7 miles
Time: 19:37

My last five run weeks have been: 45.6, 29.5, 41.0, 40.0, 40.7. This is a lot of running for yours truly. I took a day off last week and despite that really began to feel a bit of weariness and joint achyness. I'm still mentally motivated to run but my 54 year old body is complaining a bit. It's not bad aches but there is a good chance if I keep at it I could get myself into a bit of trouble...therefore, I'm going to back off a bit this week. I took today off from running (although I did ride 64.8 miles...lol!). I'm going to go easy, run-wise, the next few days as well. I need the rest and I'm racing my first race of the year this Sunday when I do a Half-Marathon down in MD.....

I'll return to the whole question of how to manage my run training in a subsequent post...

No comments: