Saturday, August 24, 2024

OK time to catch up a bit--First Update: Swim Race tomorrow!


 Ok, I'm way behind but now have the time to begin catching up!

Firstly, I'll highlight my next race which is the Cedar Island "5k" swim.  It really is more like an Iron distance swim of around 4,200 yards.  Here is a summary of the 4 prior times I've raced this race:

As you can see I have generally been improving relative to the field in this swim through the years.  It is a very competitive race with now 250ish people entered.  While I did not race last year due to a wedding I had a great race (for me) in 2022 swimming around the 70th %-tile overall and 80th in my Age Group.

I'm not in the same swim shape I was in August 22, when I was deep in my Kona prep but I hope to break 70 minutes this year and if I could get close to 65/66, I'd be thrilled.

Here is what the 2022 race looked like:

So it would seem last year was about 90 yards short of an Ironman swim.  This could be a function of buoy placements and my swim path but also due to inaccuracy in my Garmin (and the fact I've used different watches through the years.  In any event, the average distance I've recorded over these 4 swims has been 4,181 yds so pretty close to the 4,200 yards (2.4-miles) that I think of the race being:


MORE TO FOLLOW SHORTLY!



 

No comments: