Friday, July 12, 2024

Last week and its time to race!

 Last week was my largest swim week as I registered 12,920 yards (prior largest was 10,000 yards), so that was a big jump.  Felt good throughout and am seeing some signs of progress in terms of my swim fitness.

My bike was low as this was 4th of July week and I was focused on spending time with the family--173 miles this week.  My run came it at 25 miles and my total training time in right on 21 hours--pretty modest week but given the holidays, a good place-holding week on the run/bike, with some good progress on the swim.

Tomorrow (Sat 7/13) is my first swim race of the year--a 1.2-mile open water swim and then on Sunday I'm toeing the line on my 2nd triathlon of the year--the Stone Harbor Triathlon...I'll be posting reports on these early next week! 

No comments: