Monday, March 13, 2023

Last two weeks--volume wise almost returning to normal....

 Here are my last two weeks of total training volume:

2/27-3/5

Swim: 0 yards

Bike: 185 miles

Walk: 12 miles

PT time : 4:10

Training time: 19:49


3/6-3/12

Swim: 3,000 yards

Bike: 194 miles

Walk: 13 miles

PT time: 4:20

Training time: 21:30


Objectively, from a volume perspective, these last two weeks haven't been that far off.  Just starting to ramp back up the swim.  Solid bike mileage and lots of PT emphasis leading to 20ish hours/week, which is pretty solid 3.5 months after my knee replacement.

Still, it's all very low intensity and my knee definitely feels it.  I hoping to stay near this volume for a couple of more weeks and see if my knee fully adapts or if I have to back it down again.  If I can hold this volume then I'll look to begin adding intensity in April.

The PT has shifted from being focused on mobility/flexibility to that plus strength.  Both legs, but especially my left are still very weak--lots of rehab to go!

No comments: