Sunday, October 2, 2022

Kona:10/2 Part 1 (quick update)

 Quick update and I’ll post a much more detailed update in the morning (Kona time).

Anders and I did the 2.4 mile “practice swim” this morning and we both had the swims we were looking for.  He swam 62 and change off a “3 out of 10” effort.  I swam right on 85 minutes and my swim was very easy to the turn buoys and then I began to pick it up a bit…probably, overall about the effort I’d like to have in the race itself.  I’ll give a more detailed run through of the data tomorrow.  Real confidence builders for both of us.

We then each rode on the Queen K (24 for Anders and 22 for me).  We both felt real strong on the bike.  We had a little mishap that I can give you some more detail on tomorrow but Anders went down but both he and his bike are fine.  Scary for sure.

We also bumped into team Sanders a couple of times….

Tune in early tomorrow for the details and lots of pictures…

No comments: