Tuesday, November 26, 2019

IMAZ Flash Update

Great day!!!!

Mission accomplished for Anders and I as we both qualified for Kona 2020.  Father and son, pretty special I think.

We both had the races we wanted and trained for.  Little things here and there could have been better but on balance it was about as good as it gets!

Anders finished in the top 2-3% overall and beat 1/3rd of the female pros as he went sub 10 for the first time with a 9:54 that included a 3:33 marathon.  Pretty good for first IM in 11 years!

My swim was slow (and 600 yards long) but I basically nailed both my bike (5:34) and run (6:05) as I actually was slightly faster than plan in both.  I executed this race better than any other IM for sure.  finished with a 13:23--my fastest in 7 years aND almost 7 minutes faster than my goal for the race.  Of my 15 IMs, this one slots in right in the middle at 8th fastest.  I'll take that at 62!

I'll write a longer update over the next couple off days but a truly satisfying experience.  I am filled with gratitude and so proud of Anders and all he overcame.

Kona here we come!

Onward and Upward!

No comments: