Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April in the books--now the tests begin!

Well a big month of training is now behind me.  The principle focus, of course was hiking/climbing/running, as Anders and my trip to Bolivia is getting close now.  The trips to Shenandoah as well as up to New York a couple of times and helping out at IMTX for five days this past week, combined with this focus caused my swim/bike volume to be constrained.  Not to worry, I feel very physically prepared for Bolivia. Over the next couple of weeks I'll continue to tune up for the trip and try to keep my swim and bike in maintenance mode (and ready to begin IM training in June, upon my return).

Here are the totals for April:

Swim: 21,150 yards.  Little short of my 25,000 yard goal, but I'll be well positioned when I return in June--should be able to jump right into more volume and longer open water swims.

Bike: 823 miles.  Second month in a row falling a bit short and my bike is definitely behind where it has historically been at this time.  I'll come back with a real focus on the bike beginning in June.

Hike/Climb/Run: 273 miles.  Killed it!

Weights/Stretching: 10:25

Total time: 135:41 (one of the biggest, if not the biggest month of my training history)

The first "test" of the season comes up this Saturday when I'm doing "The Great Saunter" which is 32-mile trek around Manhattan....I hope/expect to do this in under 10 hours--should be a good prep for Bolivia....

No comments: