Tuesday, March 27, 2012

LW update and the view from the beach

I did a pretty good job of piecing together a decent training week last week despite all the extra-curriculars....here's the data:

Swim: 8000 yards
Bike: 188 miles
Run: 37 miles
Time: 19:08

several pretty good sessions mixed in there including a 266/267/268 watt 3X10 computrainer session...and some pretty good 20-30 minute run and bike tempo sessions.....

I did a 300 yd TT in the pool today in 4:40--which would be way faster than what I did at smithfiled in 2009....

I'm at the beach now--and feeling great about that! Lots of work to do but I'll get some good fun and training in (which is good fun) as well!

I'm shaking out all of my racing gear here as I have my first Tri of 2012 on Saturday down in Smithfiled, VA. I rode the TT01 today and it just still continues to impress me with it's speed and rock solid nature. I know I'm probably one of maybe 5 people who like this bike but I'll tell you, despite it's challenges, when it's locked in--which mine is, it rocks! Lots of 22-24 mph stuff today over 40 miles and a fantastic brick run on the beach after....

I'll post a more comprehensive view of my expectations for my racing weekend (Smithfiled Triathlon/Cherry Blossom Run) either tomorrow or the day after but suffice it to say I am very pumped to jump back in the game. Despite the fact that I'm pumped and plumped, I do think I'll do pretty well this weekend....more on that soon.

My knee is getting flaky again--right on schedule....time to see my ortho yet again....

Spring is here and summer is right around the corner---I am psyched to get big time back into triathlon operations!

No comments: