Monday, May 24, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One back

News from the front:

Stats from last week:

8070 yds swimming
271 miles biking
19 miles running
22.2 hours training time

Good week of training stat wise. I have been hitting it on the bike and it's beginning to show in my fitness. The run number looks low but that is due to the race yesterday and putting off my long run until mid week this week.

I had a fantastic race yesterday. I'll file a race report by mid to late week. Good progress on both the bike and run and my swim seems to go from strength to strength. I had a challenging competitive situation and really laid it on the line and was successful! More latter.

Unfortunately, as i get fitter I also seem to get less healthy. My new issue is a case of extensor tendonitis in the top outer part of my left foot which I seemed to create when I cranked my bike shoe down too tight last Wednesday on my long ride. this is disconcerting and I'm treating with ice, ibruprofen and Voltaren cream. I need to get this under control or else I'll face an extended downtime. I've decided to back off cycling this week (this is killing me so close to an IM) to try to let it heal....

No comments: