Thursday, March 25, 2010

On the Ground at O-side

So here I am! I'm sitting in my very nice hotel room right near IM Village and about a mile or so from the Start/Finish. Picked up my bike and got it all set up today--ready to rock (i'll ride it for 30-40 minutes tomorrow for a final check). I checked out the swim and run today. swim looks uncomplicated and mostly well protected from the swell (which doesn't look to be big anyways). Water is cold-- about 59 degrees and I imagine it will be crowded given the relatively tight lay-out. I went out this morning up at Anders' place and checked out my new wetsuit which I'm inclined to use (although I'm still thinking about it). Waves were big (relative to East coast) so it was a little intimidating.

The run is surprisingly hilly with several reasonably testy hills--nothing extreme but I'm sure they'll take somewhat of a toll on Saturday. The run is on concrete for virtually the whole way so I'm sure my knees are going to be sore come Saturday afternoon. I'll check some of the bike course tomorrow (can't see it all as it is on the Marine base at Pendleton).

I'm having dinner tonight with the XC group. I'll get a chance to meet my fellow XC athletes and we are dining with Greg Welch and Heather Fuhr--so that should be interesting.

When I cruised through the village today I was stopped by the Triathlete.com folks and they did a quick video piece on my TT01--she's still a head-turner!

The weather looks quite nice for race morning:

7 am: 46°F; Sunny; 86% hummidity; Wind From NE 5 mph

1 pm: 72°F; Sunny; 39% humidity; wind From W5 mph

More latter!

No comments: