Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LA Again

Left the hotel in FL at 3:45am and caught a flight to LA. I'm staying at Anders place tonight and I just demolished an impressive portion of sushi plus some Coldstone--I'm certainly getting the carbo loading phase of my taper right!

Finally found a place to swim (shut out in Kissimme, FL) today at a local Y--I'll hop in the Ocean tomorrow for a dress rehearsal with the wetsuit. Rode AC's Kuota for and hour--with a bunch of surges (felt good to be on a real bike again after five days) and had a pleasant 30 minute run. This has not been the ideal taper w/o wise but I do think my body has been mending itself and should be ready to rock on Saturday morning--I might be a little rusty/stale but hopefully that won't be a huge factor for a Half-IM.

On another topic, I joined in on one of Slowtwitch.com's "Challenges". In this case it was run 100 times in 100 days. This challenge started 100 days ago and ended today. To count you have to run at least 30 minutes at a time. I ran 87 times over the last 100 days (good enough for the "silver" level). when i started the challenge I was typically running 50-55% of the days so I thought if I could get to 70 that would be amazing. 87 is a big step up in run consistency for me and i hope to see it pay off in races this year (like maybe starting this Saturday!).

I'm off to O-side tomorrow morning and I'll give you the 411 on the race in posts over the next two days. Less than 60 hours to game time!

No comments: