Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Me and AC

My main training and racing bud is my son Anders.  He is a 21-year old senior at George Washington.  He took up "triathloning" when my wife threw a party for me after I finished my first IM (IMFL in 2004).  Since then we have been Team Christofferson.

He wanted to do an Ironman right away but I steered him into a structured training program.  After 6 months he survived Eagleman.  We decided to go for it and in December he was the youngest finisher at IMWA.  He had a very tough day and went over 15 hours.

He stuck with it and we traveled far and wide to train (Spain, France, Canada) and race (Denmark, France, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina....).  Last year he beat me for the first time in a sprint and knocked over 2 hours off his IM time.  This year was his breakout year and he was able to lower his IM PB to 10:11.  My days of beating him are probably over.

Training and racing with Anders is my favorite thing in triathlon and I know that I am very blessed to be able to do so!  

The pic above and right is of Anders and me last year at Metroman where he finished 2nd and I finished 3rd overall.  We won the fastest parent/child award....

1 comment:

-EW said...

wow...randy...does anders like older ladies?? haha.