Thursday, June 19, 2014

Quick Update--And a promise of better posting

Sorry about the lack of posting and race reports--although I do take solace in the realization that no one is sitting around on pins and needles for either.   But let me give you the headlines.....

- I raced for the 3rd week in a row at St. Andrews on Fathers Day.  I had an OK race but definitely felt residual fatigue from my week prior Half-Ironman.  I finished 2nd to some fellow from out of town--he smoked me.  I was about 3 minutes off of the race I should have had--losing about a minute or so on the bike and 2 minutes on the run but even if I had been in tip-top shape I still would have finished 2nd on this Sunday race....

- I have 3 race reports to file, which will happen over the next week or so.  I have all the data and my notes but have been living a very full life and have yet to get to them (in all honesty I'm a bit of a World Cup Junkie....)

- My next scheduled race is 8/3--the NYC Olympic--(although I may add a race or two prior) so I'm very excited to say the name of the game is training.  Yeah!   I'm very hopeful that over the next month I'll become (once again) the triathlete that I've grown accustomed to being.

- My swim is very solid.  It's right about where I was at this point last year.  I averaged 1:27/100 at St. Andrews.  Today we swam about 2.6 miles and I hammered it pretty good for several segments of the swim.  I think I can take my swim to a higher level and definitely envision the next three months to come in around 40,000-50,000 yards...

- My bike is starting to come around.  I was at 241 watts at St. Andrews, up from 230 at Jersey Genesis 2 weeks before but still short of the 257 I did at St. andrews last year.  I'm about 6% away from being bike fit.  I did a 79-miler in 100 degree heat yesterday and am looking at a 250-300 mile week--my bike fitness will surely come and I expect to be at full strength by the end of July.

-  My run, in a word sucks.  Part of this is lack of training.  Part is a function of my left leg injury but things are looking up.  I ran 7 solid miles this morning with no problems.  I don't know where I'll get to run-wise but I'll just try to do the best that I can and that will be that....

-  One last note--Anders is looking at locking in on a Vinsom Massif expedition....that will be truly big news if we add this to the calendar....

More to follow very shortly!

No comments: