Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ah...That old time feeling

Went back outside today for a bike ride. Almost 4 hours which was my longest ride since Kona more than 3 months ago. A little bit longer than I'm shooting for in this part of the training cycle but I did an out and back with the back part into a strong headwind (the rides that test one's soul) so I didn't take that into account well enough....

It was 34 degrees at gametime with a 15-20 mph wind but my Assos bikewear rocks! There was black ice everywhere in DE so I went across the bridge and did my favorite "WaWa" ride in NJ--the ride ends back at a local WaWa shop where I repair to post ride for refueling--love it!

Great to be outside today and I felt pretty good for the first couple of hours but definitely felt my lack of endurance training down the stretch--no surprise there. I saw an Ostrich at one point and was very surprised. Not that there was an Ostrich hanging out in the artic weather but by how little I knew about where they like to hang out....

Learn something about yourself on every long ride!

I LOVE LONG RIDES!

No comments: