I intend to add 4-5 posts over the next week or so to get caught up with a pretty busy couple of months! Here are the updated training volume totals through the end of August:
1. Continuing my much better swim training in 2026 as my shoulder seems pretty stable. A solid month in August but nothing crazy (although I had two rewarding events which I'll post on shortly). Last year I essentially shut down my swimming due to my shoulder problems so I'll probably continue to increase the delta from 2025, which is you can see is already about 75,000 yds or about 70%.
2. My bike volume continues to be low by historical standards but has now caught up to and surpassed 2025. With another year of no triathlons, I continue to pursue a maintenance strategy on my bike.
3. The shortfalls in the run/walk for July/August are primarily a function of the later timing of my 29029 event last year (early August). Net/net, I'm running slightly higher volume in 2026 and with my NYC Marathon coming up, I suspect that will grow some through the end of the year.
4. I'm still in the low period as far as strength and flexibility work go and am basically running even with last year.
5. I'm running about 3% (26 hours) less total training time so far this year, which might seem surprising given the greens above but my average run/walk speed is quite a bit higher this year (getting more distance on a lot less time) mostly because I've done less longer-distance/poor terrain hikes down in Shenandoah this year and last year I did Hadrian's wall, which a very slow average pace.
Anyways, feeling really good about my progress so far this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment