Friday, March 15, 2024

10 WEEKS IN!

 Hard to believe we are almost 20% of the way through 2024!  

Last week was unusual as Judy and I spent it in Turks and Caicos and then Naples, Florida enjoying a nice vacation.  Training wise, this led to some nice outdoor swimming, both in a pool and in open water--a real nice change of pace and this led to a 9,000 yard Swim week--my highest of the year.  I was able to string 8 swim days in a row and 11 out of 12.  Not long sessions yet, but the frequency is really helping With my technique and my 100 times are now starting to drop into the low 1:50s on my longer swim sets.  Not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but heading in the right direction.

My bike volume was low as I eased back a bit during this past week--214.5 miles, the second lowest week this year.  My run/walk was also similarly cur back a bit and came in at 23 miles.

The biggest change last week was no gym time and consequently no PT/weights for week 10.  

Here is a summary of how the first 10 weeks have unfolded:


The table above is conditionally formatted and the larger weeks in each column are shaded towards green and smaller weeks shaded towards red.

I started introducing some high Z2/lowZ3 running into what has predominately been walking as I begin to explore how far I can evolve my run with my new knee--more on that next week!


No comments: