Monday, August 19, 2019

The "Bike Monster" returns

Back on the East Coast the last two weeks after flying out to LA to help Anders post bike crash.  I've jumped back into my IM build and specifically my "Bike Monster" (20+ hours/week on the bike) training strategy.

In the first week back (Tuesday the 6th to Monday the 12th), I ended up putting in 417 miles on my bike including a 5:04:54 century ride (19.7mph/164 watts NP/160 watts AP), which is my best this year and very close to going sub 5 hours.  Very encouraging.

The last two weeks look like this (my traditional Sunday as the last day of the week):

TIME           SWIM             BIKE            RUN
23:16             9.8k            328(18:23)         10
25:45             7.0              359(20:17)         15

We are just under 100 days out from IMAZ, which we have now officially transferred to.  Since I have an extra 49 days to train, I'm currently looking at tweaking my approach on the bike (I really like the idea of periodic, full-on 100+ mile time trials like the 5:04 I did last Monday, but I'm not sure I can handle that each week, plus 350+ miles on the bike and building up my swim and run).  More on this as it evolves.

In any event, I'm well positioned for the 11/24 race!

Onward and upward!

No comments: