Monday, August 27, 2018

Moving forward....

I just completed a pretty solid week, training wise.  Here are the totals:

Swim: 7,233 yards
Bike: 250 miles
Run/Walk: 34 miles
Time: 26:53

Most of this was actually recorded on Friday-Saturday as I had bust work schedule M-W and then was traveling on Th.  So, very solid effort.

Highlights included a 100-mile bike ride on Friday and the Cedar Island 5k swim race on Sunday.  The race turned out to be 4,299 yards in length--essentially 100 yards more than an Ironman and I did it in 66:30 which averages out to 1:33/hundred and implies I went through the IM distance in under 65 minutes.  I was 4th out of 11 in my Age Group but missed 2nd by 45 seconds.  it was  good swim for me as I did a bit better than a couple of folks I train with whom I generally consider to be better swimmers than I.


No comments: