Wednesday, May 18, 2016

SNP hikes

As I mentioned, after the Kinetic triathlon I drove about 90 minutes west to Luray and met up with Judy and friends Paula and Lori for a couple of days of trekking/climbing in Shenandoah.

On Monday (5/17) we did the Knob Mountain/Jeremy's run loop and we were treated to an absolutely perfect day.  We have a bunch of real nice pictures which I'll post when I get on top of my picture management queue in a few days.  This hike took 7:29 and covered some 13.5 miles and 2,575 feet of elevation gain:



Tuesday dawned cool and rainy and indeed it rained steadily all day.  We opted to do the Buck Hollow/Buck Ridge/Mary's Rock "lollipop" climb, which i did back in 2013.  I was trying to give us something a little easier due to the rain and our need to drive back to DE after the climb.  while shorter at just under 9 miles, this climb actually had more elevation gain and quite a few steeper sections--note Miles 4,5 and 7 all had more elevation gain then any mile from the first day:



I'll post some pics from this and our trip from 2 weeks ago shortly.  Also, I'm working on the Kinetic race report and will get that up soon as well.....

Training is going very well now and my body feels great....I have a weigh in on Saturday but I know I'm very close to reaching my 25 pound reduction target....

All good!






No comments: