Monday, December 22, 2014

OK--Time to crank up the blog again!

Sorry for the long absence from posting.  I'm very engaged in a start-up which is taking 80-100+ hours per week.  I'm currently flying to LA for Christmas and putting the finishing touches on my Kona RR--expect that soon.

The bigger news is that Anders and I will be heading to Antarctica very shortly--we leave on 12/26 and are scheduled to return 1/11.  As with the past expeditions, our plan is to call in each day on our satellite phone and have Judy update the blog.

I'm a bit apprehensive about this one since I've basically haven't really trained for the last 4 weeks.  The combination of work and a persistent left calf problem leaves me with only 6 big hikes under my belt--and none for about 4-5 weeks now.  I did 15 leading up to Aconcagua earlier this year.  I've been getting some PT from Rudy and he feels I have a very good shot at being able to climb well enough to summit Vinson.  With that feedback, I'm certainly up to give it a shot and am hopeful my basic conditioning from 14+ years of endurance training and my mountaineering experience will see me through.  I'm sure it's going to be a test no mater what!

Expect to find daily posts from this point on!

No comments: