Friday, May 30, 2014

Jersey Genesis tomorrow

I'm planning on giving the Jersey Genesis Sprint (.5/16/4) a go tomorrow.  Given where my body is at,  this probably isn't the best choice.  My legs have been very sore over the last week and my lower left leg continues to be a source of concern.   I have a lack of spring and power that has translated into sluggish runs and bikes.  I decided to take the last two days off to try to recover and my legs do feel a bit better.

Frankly, I'm confused by how my body has been responding to my increased training load.  I can't remember ever having this much trouble assimilating training stress--it may be a function of my calf problems or maybe one of the ever growing list of things that my advancing age is gifting....

In any event, my plan is to race the USAT LC Nationals next weekend and I'm going to use the race tomorrow as a test run--to see if my body can hold up to a Half-Iron distance race.  On paper, I'm at best 2nd or 3rd best of the guys entered in my AG so I won't be winning tomorrow but since I did this race last year I should be able to collect some good data and have a good idea of where I'm at fitness wise....

No comments: