Thursday, April 3, 2014

Heading South tomorrow

So I load up the Expedition and head down to Smithfield, VA for the Smithfield Sprint Tri.  This will be my fourth race at this venue--I have 2 AG firsts and 1 second.  The 2nd was last year and defending champ is returning.  I did very well last year to push him a bit (he caught me at the half-way point of the run) as he is a stronger triathlete.  Frnakly, I'd be thrilled to have a similar result this Saturday--we'll see.  I'll defintely get a much better read on my current fitness (or lack therein) than I did at last weekend's race.

After the race I'll drive up to DC and join Judy on Saturday evening.  On Sunday morning we run the Cherry Blossom 10-miler, which will definitely be a training-type run for me with 12,000 of my friends.  We'll go out to dinner on sunday night in Georgetown as part of our 30th wedding anniversary (April 8th) celebration.

There are 23 folks registered in my AG and 550 overall--a pretty big race for a local sprint....

No comments: