Sunday, November 3, 2013

In the groove...

Tallied 24:51 of training this week (not bad for the "off-season").  I did 9:15 on the bike  (147 miles) and remainder was either running or rucking.

I'm soloing down in Shenandoah the next three days.  Tomorrow I'm doing White Oaks Canyon and Hawksbill summit (the later being the highest point in Shenandoah).  This will clock in at a bit over 11 miles and about 4000 feet of vertical.  I'm only carrying around 35 pounds but I am getting up at 4 am to drive the 200+ miles so it will be a longish day.

Tueday I'm doing the Jeremy's Run/Neighbor Mountain loop in the Northern Sector--this has about 3000 feet of vertical but is spread out over 14.5 miles.  Wednesday sees me tackling the Grade 3 rock scramble that the Old Rag Summit trip is famous for.  This is a challenging but realtively short (8.8 miles) trail.  All told I'm looking at 34-35 miles and probably about 18-20 hours over the next three days.

the weather looks great--ideal really.  sunny and very cool--should be around 25-28 degrees when I hitch it up tomorrow morning....loving it!

No comments: