Monday, June 18, 2012

RAAM Post 15--Yeah Baby!

This is so much fun!!!!

Jon closed the gap on the Police to 50 seconds and I took over 4.5 miles from the top of a nasty little climb.  Chris was standing by to do the 13 mile descent.  I needed to get in front of the Police team so chris could have a clear shot at the descent--which looked technical.

When I took over the other Police rider started pulling away bit by bit.  I dug down and tried to minimize the damage.  Then i began to close a bit.  I stood up and for 5-6 minutes poured it on.  Up ahead I could see what I thought was the plateau at the top and I srtood up and gave it everything I had for 100 hard yards and I moved ahead!

I expected to see the change-over van up ahead but it didn't come.  and then, the Police changed over and I had fresh legs chasing me.  I kept looking up the road--wheree was the e4xchange.  Finally I see flashing lights and as i get closer, it's another team.  I am so red-lined!  I put my hand to my head and pantromined a gun--I was fried.  My follow car stayed close trying to urge me on.  I had no idea how far ahead I was because of headlight glare.

Finally I could see it and I sprinted to the end a nd stopped and did the stationery exchange and said "that's fr you, brother".

Of course the Sargent Major took off and hit 52 mph and we have opened up a big gap and we are now heading the last 10 miles to TS 13 and the end of our shift in 5th place.  I'm done for ther day.

Here was muy data from my last pull of the day:

16:41
4.4 miles
313 watts
15.5 mph
84 rpm
158 bpm
352 calories

No comments: