Saturday, May 5, 2012

rough day in the office

first off, Union Rags was completely shut off....major bummer!

secondly, I did not do well at the Devilman sprint.

I had an excellent swim followed by a very distressing bike and an even worse run.  Will be spending a few days evaluating the data to determine why and what I should do about it.  Like all tri data I suspect there are ins and outs but my guess is that I'll need to make a mid course adjustment between now and when I flip the switch on 7/1 for my Kona prep.  Maybe, I'm getting older and now a lot slower or maybe is was a blip and I'll be right back on it.  As to the latter, after 117 triathlons I suspect not.  My guess is that I'm not nearly good enough right now--even considering my holding back training wise.  Could be old age but my guess is that I've taken the "holding-back" thing too far....

Race report shortly as my life gets very complicated going forward.  Jamaica next week--my wife's best friend's 50th.  Annapolis sprint next Saturday.  Two graduations the week after....yikes...Eagleman and RAAM right around the corner.  MY initial thought is to bail on Eagleman, especially given my domestic duties before and after the race when Judy and the girls go to Europe and I'm with the the two dogs (after Alex goes to his post-grad beach house)....It's really difficult to even find the time to train hard given my schedule....

I want to be thoughtful about this but I may need a call to arms....

I'm not freaking and I did finish 2nd in my AG against a strong field but I'm experienced enough to know that I may have a major fitness issue.  I'm surprised given the week prior training as I would have guessed that I would have killed it this weekend.

Live and learn!

more shortly!

rc

No comments: