Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last week

Last week was focused on Jenny's and Kara's graduations.  Up in NYC for 3 days so training suffered a bit.  I did get out and ride the Wilmington Gran Fondo--a total ride of 72+ miles.  Very, very challenging with tons of climbing.  I tried to ride in the front but I was absolutely smoked when we hit the first climb.  I tried to catch back up but the front group was just way too good for me.  I drifted back and ultimately ended up about 1/4 of the way back.  I seemed to get stronger as the ride went on.  It was a major effort.  Jumping up from long rides of 40ish miles to 72 miles with high intensity was an eye-opener.  I have a lot of endurance work ahead of me!

Last week's totals:

swim: 3000 yards
bike: 207 miles
run: 31.5 miles
time: 18:03

No comments: