Tuesday, May 29, 2012

being patient

Life is quite demanding now so I am letting the whole fitness/Tri thing take a back seat.

Raced on Saturday and I was caught in the last 30 yards and so finished 2nd.  A bit of an improvement over Devilman and from one perpective, I SBR'ed well enough to win but gave up 42 seconds in transition so I guess I can take this as a mild positive.

Lots of life-conflicts (one is that I am leaving the company I have been chairman of for the past 10 years--more on that later) so limited training time.  Here are the totals:

Swim: 7362 yards
Bike: 149.6 miles
Run: 25.2 miles
Time: 14:22

It was nice to be at the beach this weekend and reconnect with lots of old (I mean for the most part, OLD) friends.  I blasted out a near 50-miler with Anders and we had a great swim at Wes' lagoon and a horrible 6-mile run from my place.  I let myself get severely dehydrated and even today I am still not topped-off.  I wasn't prepared for the heat and I, for one, suffer terribly when I'm not way ahead of my hydration curve.  It's a msiake I've made many times before but the high heat and humidity, so early this year, caught me by surprise....

This week is getting ready for Alex's graduation and trying to squeeze in a bit more training.  I'm not in very good shape but I'm still motivated and I believe in my strategy so I'm trying to be patient.

I'll post a rece report from Hammonton in a few days....

best, rc

No comments: