Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ok--starting to get back in the game

Very strong week of training. Probably a little more that I should do at this point in the season but I'm all there motivation wise. Good progress on my 100 swim intervals (under 1:30 now). I did two 2X20s (225/227 and 224/227 watts) so all good on the bike front. Big week of running. I want to get to hill training and up the anaerobic stress here shortly...going on a bit of a vacation with my bride next weekend so next week will be a consolidation week for me.

Here are the stats:

swim: 9000 yards
bike: 193 miles
run: 45.6 miles
stretch/weights: 2 hours
total time: 22:39

As a side note, I only had one week last year with more run volume--that week was during the meat of my IM build for IMAZ....I feel really good about my run now. Although I do worry about how slow my pace is....still, I think frequency and volume is what I need most so I'll stay on the program for the next few weeks at least....

No comments: