Monday, January 9, 2012

First week in 2012

Pretty basic week--all bike and run:

Bike: 179 miles
Run: 37.3 miles
Time: 16:14

Back in the pool for the first time in 2012 today. Have been resting elbow and letting tattoo heal up. Doc thinks I should do 4 weeks on Physio on my elbow but I'm going to swim a few times this week and see where it lays.

I had 3 CT sessions on the bike--trying to do 2-3 1 hour tempo sessions (185-200 watts) a week for a few weeks and then will get into more ambitious FTP type workouts for balance of first macro cycle (up through April 1st)....

I feel good--lighter than normal this time of year, which obviously helps. Trying to push my running volume up in January. Had my first knee injection this week and knee feels fine so far in 2012. I also plan on racing the Icicle 10 miler on Sunday--not so much for time but rather as a good hard tempo run...

This week marks my return to regular triathlon training--although, certainly not of an IM type....it's good to be back!

No comments: