Tuesday, October 4, 2011

There's a party in my head!

Laying into a big week now.

Yesterday did an IM swim time trial in the pool in 70:10. I had not swam in 4 days so I suppose I was well rested. I did about a 95% of race effort swim--very comfortable. My biggest issue in the swim was just staying focused for the 168 laps.... I absolutely think I can swim a comfortable 68 minute swim at IMAZ--and that my friends is all I need!

I was going to go 6.5 hours on the bike today but I decided with the very strong winds forecasted for today as well as some wotk obligations to switch out my Tu and Th workouts. So today I ran long.

I did my longest run since Kona (which was this time last year) and ran a very strong 17 miles in 2:26--could have easily done a marathon today! Over the last 7 days--since I had to take 3 days off with my blisters post SkipJack, I have run 51 miles!

I completed my 3 injection sequence yesterday and today was drama free from a knee perspective--yes!

I broke out my ipod for my long run today--I have been music free for the last 6 weeks--trying to save it for the big push ahead of me and I have to say the experience was amazing. The weather was midto high 50s. I parked my car in the middle of a figure eight trail run so i could hit the gatorade every half hour or so--beautiful. The music really helped.

I had my "Chemistry" mix on--which is a 6 hour chemical Brothers mix--which I put in shufffle mode. Brilliant experience! I'll give you a taste with some lyrics from "Galvanize":


Don't hold back...

Cause you woke up in the mornin, with initiative to move, so why make it harder...

Don't hold back...

If you think about it, so many people do, be cool man, look smarter....

Don't hold back...

And you shouldnt even care, bout those losers in the air, and their crooked stares...

Don't hold back...

Cause there's a party over here, so you might as well be here, where the people care...

Don't hold back...

Dont hold back...

If you think about it too much, you may stumble, trip up, fall on your face...

Don't hold back...

You think its time you get up, crunch time, like a sit up, come on keep pace...

Don't hold back...

Put apprehension on the back burner, let it sit, dont even get it lit...

Don't hold back...

World, the time has come to...

Push the button...

World, the time has come to...

Push the button...

World, the time has come to...

Push the button...

World, my finger, is on the button...

My finger, is on the button...

My finger, is on the button...

Push the button...

The time has come to...

Galvanize!

No comments: