Sunday, October 30, 2011

Last "big" week before AZ--no drama to report!

I'm now under 21 days to race day. As I mentioned, this week was designed to be modestly lower volume, in aggregate and on my long bike/run, than last week. I pretty much executed my training plan despite my nagging cold. I missed one swim workout as the pool was closed for "electrical" problems on Thursday. Anyways--here's the data for the week:

swim: 8700 yards
bike: 267 miles
run: 43 miles
time: 26:20

I completed my 10th (and final) long run during this IM build: 17 miles in 2:26

I completed my 9th long bike (102 miles) and 9th long swim (4200 yards) as well.

This week will see a further reduction--probably to around 20 hours with a long ride of 100 miles or so and one last IM TT swim. Then I'll jump into a proper 2-week taper.

My body feels pretty good given the volume this month. I've plateaued now on my bike and swim and definitely will benefit from the rest/consolidation that a taper affords. Strangely enough, I believe that my run continues to improve....who woulda thought it? No injuries to bother discussing.

On plan!

No comments: