Saturday, September 10, 2011

Locked and loaded in Vegas!

Quite an eventful past 18 hours!

Arrived at my hotel room at Lake Las Vegas just after midnight (3am my time). I unpacked and tried to assemble my bike. Problems with the rear der...I suspected a bent hanger....frustrating...went to bed at two and didn't sleep well.

Up at 5:45 and registered with the XC folks. Practice swim....15 minutes...felt fine. Short run...felt very tired. Breakfast with Lyndsey Corbin and Paul Ambrose. Pics with XC folks.

Off to the mechanic tent. Took over an hour...bent hanger fixed adequately to race tomorrow (I hope). Back to hotel (the two transition zones are 8 miles apart which is decidedly a pain). Rode bike for 30 minutes...very hilly. Incidentally it was pretty mild this morning....got up to 97 in the afternoon.

Prepared transition bags and checked in. Drove the bike course and run course. Bike course is a monster! Beautiful but challenging! Glad I have my road bike. Run course is very poorly designed in my view.....

Back in room with pasta in my tummy. Very tired and to bed very soon.

I'm bib #108. Hoping to be safe and have fun. Looking for a high quality brick. Not really concerned with outcome....focus on putting in a good effort...

No comments: