Monday, July 4, 2011

Week totals/injury updates

Last week found me up in NYC working late for 3 nights but I was still able to fit in a pretty decent training week:

swim: 6200 yards
bike: 259 miles
run: 25 miles
time: 22:12

My recent knee flare-up seems to have subsided. It still hurts on occassion but I sense that this recent incident has passed. I'm hopeful and expecting to be able to train as hard as I can during my IM build starting Aug. 1st. I've started running in Vibram five-fingers a couple of times a week and that seems to further help my knee. I had a 10 and an 8 mile run this week.

My hip flexor and foot tendon injuries of last year are definitely in the past. I rode 77 miles this week and had no problem holding my aero position for most of the ride.

I've had a few big weeks and my body is complaining a bit this morning. My back is very tendor and my HR is elevated so I'm going to dial it back a bit this week. i will try to hit a big ride and a 10+ mile run but otherwise will take it easy this week. I plan to race this weekend.

No comments: