Saturday, June 18, 2011

new normal

So, I will not be racing tomorrow. Family (Jenny visiting for the weekend--up from Baltimore--to help celebrate Father's day), work (spent the week in NYC and just came to NJ yesterday), and my recent run problems made it seem like a bad call all the way around to leave NJ tonight and travel to DE to race at St. A tomorrow morning. I'm not without regrets as I love that race and have done it the last 7 years in a row (a father's day tradition) but this was the better call.

From a tri perspective, I really need to run a lot. My knee is getting a lot better so I'm starting to do my normal thing running wise--should be up over 30 this week. From a cycling perspective really getting psyched to ride regularly with anders. today we did a 51 miler and we were alternating 1 minute pulls--my pulls were in the 260-320 watt range and we were over 22 miles in the first hour. This is awesome training for me. Planning to do a lot more of it in the days ahead....

No comments: