Thursday, June 30, 2011

Its June and its where we're at!

OK--June's totals:

swim: 29,000 yds
bike: 1010 miles
run: 101 miles
Time: 85 hours

Assessment:

1. Given where I was at the end of May (unable to run and coming of a 50 mile run month) this was a strong step forward this month.

2. Most important was my progress with my knee and a return to semi-normalcy run wise. Obviously, 101 miles is still 50 short of where I need to be and the quality of my runs is quite low but hey, it's a start! I was able to get two runs in at 90 minutes or so! If I can continue this momentum in July (say 130 miles and more quality I'll have a decent shot at a quality IM run build for IMAZ).

3. Very strong bike month--best of the year so far. Over 1000 miles and growing quality. Having anders to train with is a real plus. I've had solid racing results up to the disaster at Philly. Still, I see no reason why I can't build on my momentum in july.

4. a maintenance month swim-wise but good enough. I continue to rock my swim splits despite my lack of emphasis on swim training. I'll probably role the dice another month coming up here in July.

5. Racing was a disappointment in June--only two races and a very poor performance at Philly. I understand why but I have an unease about it. I'll race again next weekend and I'll really want to see a bounce back.

6. Lots of outside stress right now. Work is a killer--I'm writing this from the late night train from NYC ro Wilmington yet again--killed a couple of key workouts at least. Also, my lack of sleep, poor nutrition and basic stress are not helpful. The good news is the game really doesn't start until August.

7. I have a big personal month ahead as well with my dad's memorial service coming up at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to honoring my father but there is a lot to do and I won't tolerate doing it any less than the best I can.

Onward and upward!

No comments: