Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekly stats

Training volume for this week was severely impacted (for the third week in a row) by my knee problems and also by a M-W trip out to San Francisco--the latter impacted my swim/bike schedule. totals for the week:

swim: 6500 yards
bike: 186 miles
run: 14 miles
training time: 15.5 hours.

My big issue is obviously my knee. I think I might have a torn meniscus again but my ortho thinks otherwise and is counseling patience---fortunately, this is one of my strengths... :)

I'm down about 60 miles running and around 150 miles biking due to the knee so far this month. Among other impacts, I'm about 4-5 pounds heavier than I should be (I'm in denial about my knee).

Looking ahead--rest for the knee, running wise but a heavy up 4 days swim/bike and then I'm off to London with Alex for the UEFA Champion's League Final between MANU and Barca---sweet. Would be sweeter still if my knee would come around!

No comments: