Friday, April 15, 2011

Staying home tomorrow

Made the decision to not race tomorrow down in VA. Forecast calls for heavy (2+ inches of rain), 20-35 mph winds, thunderstorms, etc. The storm is warming up by dropping a bunch of funnel clouds on Mississippi as I write this. Race director says if there is thunder in the air, he'll delay by one hour and then go duathlon.

I decided it's not worth 8 hours of driving with a good chance (a 10 am scheduled start) that I wouldn't make it back in time for my son's pre-prom party at our house....not worth it.

Plus, I'm still congested so kinda took it easy today (just an easy 2.5 hour spin outside).

Current plan is to bang next week up above 20 hours with a big emphasis on a lot of outside miles....

Just received the official results from Oceanside so will get to work on my race report and publish in a couple of days...

No comments: